Discover Medical Categories Available in Armenia

Hair Restoration 1 clinics

Discover the Regions of Armenia

Yerevan 1 clinics

Top 10 Most Popular Procedures Available in Armenia

About Armenia

Armenia is one of the oldest countries of the world, it has a rich and resilient culture, extensive history, breathtaking landscape, and medieval treasures. It might not be as popular among tourists as its neighboring countries, but this means that those who do come will be able to enjoy its unspoiled treasures that have not been touched by mass tourism.

In recent years, Armenia has been welcoming a growing number of medical tourism. Most medical tourists come from Kazakhstan and Russia, but there are also foreign patients from France and the UK. The driver of medical tourism in the country is its affordable costs of cosmetic surgery. In addition, this small Caucasus nation also boasts qualified doctors, caring nursing staff, comfortable medical centers, and top of the line medical equipment.

Popular Cities and Regions in Armenia

Yerevan, the capital of Armenia, is nicknamed “the pink city” due to the pink-colored tufa stone used for much of its buildings. Besides its unique buildings, Yerevan is also filled with tree-lined boulevards, picturesque town squares, and outdoor cafes. The most famous attractions of the city include the Armenian Genocide Memorial & Museum, History Museum of Armenia, Cafesjian Center for the Arts, and Sergei Parajanov Museum. The second-largest city in Armenia, Gyumri, is also worth a visit. With a history that dates back nearly 3,000 years ago, visitors can find numerous historic buildings, including the Sev Ghul fortress and the Paris Hotel.

Transport in Armenia

Zvartnots International Airport is the main international airport in Armenia where most international visitors arrive at. It serves numerous flights to cities in Europe and the Middle East, including Kyiv, Paris, Moscow, and Abu Dhabi. There are no domestic flights in the country, so the best way to get around is to rent a car. However, intercity bus, minibus, and trains are available. These are inexpensive, but trains can be overcrowded and poorly maintained. To travel inside cities, there are five trolley bus routes and a subway line in Yerevan. Taxis are plentiful and cheap.

Visas in Armenia

Holders of passports from the visa waiver countries, including all EU countries, the UK, and the US, can enter Armenia without a visa for up to 180 days. Citizens of most other countries need to apply for a visitor visa, which is issued for foreigners who want to visit the country with the purposes of tourism, medical treatment, or other short-term stays. Visa-on-arrival and e-visa are available.

Weather in Armenia

Winter in Armenia begins in late November and ends in February. It is generally cold, with an average daily temperature of around +5 to -5°C, and snowy. In March, spring comes bringing warmer temperatures and lots of colors. Summer, starting in May, can get very hot, with temperatures soaring to 35°C on the hottest days. The temperatures will start to decrease in autumn.

Additional Info
  1. Local Currency: Armenian dram (AMD) is the official currency of Armenia. 1 USD converts to about 487 AMD.
  2. Money & Payments: Foreign currencies can be exchanged at airports and banks. There are ATMs in major cities and major credit cards are accepted in most cities. Round up the fare to the closest whole amount for taxis and tip around 10% in restaurants, cafes, and bars.
  3. Local Language: Armenian is the official and most commonly spoken language in Armenia. Russian is the best known foreign language among the population. English is not widely spoken, but the younger generation usually has at least elementary skills in English. 
  4. Local Culture and Religion: Around 97% of Armenians are Christians, while the other 3% either follow Judaism, Islam, Yazidim, Baháí Faith, or are irreligious.
  5. Public holidays: Armenia celebrates Constitution Day, Independence Day, First Republic Day, New Year’s Eve, Victory and Peace Day, Genocide Remembrance Day, and Good Friday, among others.